Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trick or Treat or Tag!

Happy Sunday, everyone! I'm currently up in Northern California for work (and pleasure), and I'm constantly reminded about how much I loved this place. I think I truly left my heart in San Francisco, but I think the real reason I'm attached to the Bay Area is because it's where I was tested and found out what I'm capable and made of. I think the place where you spend your formative years, whether at a child and/or adult stage, hold a special place in your heart. For example, England is also special to me because my earliest memories are from when my family and I lived there. Even though we left the UK when I was four years old, it still feels like home when I go there.

Anyhow, I'll be up in San Francisco until Halloween...speaking of which, here's a picture of one of my best friends, Sara (I'm staying with her), and me before a Halloween part we went to on Friday. A few of her friends, who were part of a larger group of friends, dressed up as various characters from X-Men:



Bonus points for those who know what characters we were dressed up as!

On another note, I've been tagged by Miss A over at Roccapuccia to answer some random questions about me:

4 Things I Did Today:

  • Made the filling for potato samosas
  • Re-packed my suitcase and duffel bag
  • Drank some really good Persian-style tea
  • Brushed my teeth? (It's been an uneventful Sunday.)

4 Things On My To-Do List:

  • Get back into my work out/eat right routine properly so I can run a 5K (and eventually do a full marathon...that's if I find some discipline in me somewhere)
  • Start work on my business idea (currently in stealth mode because I don't want anyone to jack my idea)
  • Make biryani and samosas for Sara today
  • Scope out Loehmann's in SF and see if they've got the epic leather jacket I saw at the San Diego Loehmann's

4 Guilty Pleasures:

  • The Hills although half the time it's not a pleasure because I want to smack Spencer really hard for his a-holery
  • The Pussycat Dolls
  • McDonald's Southern Style Chicken biscuit and sandwich
  • Looking at shoes online

4 Random Facts About Me:

  • I've lived in six different places in my life (the UK; Libya; Cleveland; two suburbs of LA; and San Francisco).
  • I can drive a stickshift.
  • I have two astrological signs (Aquarius and Pisces) because I was born on the cusp.
  • One of the best dreams I ever had was being on Project Runway, and when I woke up, I sketched the dress from my dream.

I'm tagging Cybill, SuperKawaiiMama, and Princess Poochie...

1 comment:

Miss A said...

You actually sketched the dress from your dream? That's crazy awesome! Wow... I usually don't remember anything that's happened after I wake up :)
You should get it made! (Or if you can sew, make it!)